Monday, September 29, 2008

Good, Better, and Best

In sacrament meeting (church) we had high council speakers. I will be honest most of the time I dread hearing from them because they are a little dry, however I cried through most of the meeting this time. It was about Good, Better, and Best, and how we always are good and do good things however we should always strive to be and do the best we can. I started thinking about reviewing my life and what I could have done best at and what I just settled for Good. I decided that I would choose one thing I would do good at. Just a slow start and once I do more and more it will be better. One of the speakers talked about how if we put water in a jar and then start to put sand, pebbles and then big rocks, the water will overflow because there isn't room. If we put the sand (prayers), pebbles (read scriptures), and then big rocks (pay tithing, attend the temple) in the same jar, with the same amount of water it will all fit and more. He asked that we do the best we can be first and then accomplish what is better next and there will always be room for the good stuff too. He stated that we would always find room to do more in our week. I have decided that I want to go buy the book of Mormon on CD and listen to them while I am driving to work and I want to do better about blogging. So here is the first day of me doing better and best. Sometimes starting slow works better then going full force. I am all about baby steps. LOL's.

No comments: