Friday, February 1, 2008

What a Week of big ole' YUCK!


Wow, one thing I have learned this week is how important it is when you have a sinus infection to go to the doctor and get meds for it. I thought that taking over the counter meds would take care of it. Did you know that not only does it not take the infection away...it makes it worse. Well I woke up on Monday and had a sore throat however the worse part of the whole thing was I swelled up and looked like I was a chimpmunk storing nuts for the winter. My glands were so swollen, I looked hideous. Dale took me to the doctor which I looked my best... NOT! I walked into the doctors offices and took 2 steps and said holy cow. The whole office was filled with sick people. If you werent sick when you went in, you were when you came out. So I left the doctors in a wheelchair, a big blanket, prescriptions and a huge PAIN in the BUTT! They gave me the biggest shot of antibiotic's they could and although I am greatful, the pain was immense too. I thought for the first 2 days after the shot that I was going to need to get donut to sit on. It is amazing what miracles doctors can do. I feel much better 4 days later. Still a little weak and its in my lungs now and I can handle that. I feel very blessed to have a husband that is there to help me to the doc, take care of me when I am sick and the resources to go to the doctor when you feel at deaths door.

No comments: