Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thumbkin

I have never realized how important my thumb it. I started a list of what you use your thumb for. These are just a few: typing, opening a jar, opening makeup cases, holding a cell phone, moving your mouse on the computer, carrying your grocery bags, etc. I could go on and on and you would probably think...hum.. has Debbie gone crazy? Is she infatuated with thumbs? The answer is no!!! I happen to have a cyst that is on my thumb joint. Strangest thing I have ever had. For the last 3 months I have dealt with it and thought I could live with it for a while, however this last week it has actually dislocated my thumb and now it feels like I have broke my thumb and have shooting pains up my arm. I called the doctor and asked about the intense pain and they told me that of course you are going to have that intense paid. It is attached to your nerve and tendon. Oh ok! The nerve....hum... interesting fact! The thumb actually has the nerve that affects your whole arm. No wonder it hurts this bad. I actually am having surgery to remove it on March 11th. I won't be put under, however I am hoping that I am not awake for it also. I will be giving little updates to let you know the process. Like you would be waiting with baited breath. LOL!!

No comments: