Monday, June 22, 2009

The Veil

Melissa asked Maren and I to make her veil for her wedding. I have a lot of pictures to show the making of this veil, so this will be a long entry.

So this is what we started with. Plenty of veil material but not enough lace. Hum what should we do? Well Mar and I started experimenting and the following pictures are of those.


Mar and I tried to figure out which would make the prettiest veil without too much work. These are the pictures with our ideas.


We are not done yet, we decided how we wanted to build the thing, the following pictures are of that process...hum...


We are were now on our way, it was pinned and ready to be tried on. We are asking ourselves... Is this the ugliest veil ever, will I feel bad after all the time I spent on this thing if Melissa didn't wear it (the answer to that was a YEA!), and what was I thinking letting Mar talk me into doing this!!!
The following pictures are the pinned up veil.

If all else fails she can use it as a table cloth.

No comments: