Thursday, November 29, 2007

OUCH... Shots Hurt!

So yesterday I got my flu shot. You sit and impress upon your mind and body concerning the pain and the anticipation is as bad as the shot...or worse. Well a few of my co-workers were gathering around the door giving us poor fools support. A couple refusing to succomb to the shots. I filled out my paper... waited in line... filled with that "I hate shots" anticipation. Finally, the nurse calls me over and I sit down. Acting casual and pretending that I am not afraid or tense, I raised my sleeve and told the nurse to, "bring it on". Looking away, trying to relax the best I could, I felt the needle.. hum.. not too bad. Oh wait, the syrum is not in yet...owey!!! Well I did handle the shot with grace and dignity. Today is another story. My arm hurts like someone has hit it with a bat. I want to whine all day and get lots of sympathy, however that would take away from my pretense of "I can handle shots...no problem". Oh well its all for a healthy lifestyle. What we do to make sure we don't get sick. So basically, I have just shared with you the wimp I am. Someone has to be the class wimp.

No comments: