Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hold on Everyone...




So we floated for a while, it was beautiful. Then the pilot started to have all the men pull strings to try to avoid hitting a tree. The tree was coming fast, I looked at Sierra and inside I started to panic. Of course, being the adult and not wanting to alarm Sierra, I prayed lots, trying to keep my calm. I thought I was going to throw up my breakfast because I thought we were going to tip right on out of the basket. We were told to lean backward so that we don't fall out. At that time, in split seconds... my mind was going a million miles an hour. I just thought that I would become superman and be able to fly... catch branches as we flew done and the big guy in the sky would happen to move a nice soft comfy mattress to soften the blow. Thank heavens when we hit the tree, we all did as we were told and although the basket did tip, quite a bit at that, however due to everyone's fear we all held on, the basket broke the top of the tree and we were able to land safe and sound. Wow! What another adventure! I am so ready to go for a longer ride next spring. At least I will have Dale there beside me to hold on to.

No comments: